Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My best mate

This is Sammy, my best mate. We play together a lot. Sammy's a couple of months older than me, but we'll be in the same school year. Maybe we'll be in the same kindy class! Mummy thinks that I might be a bit of a softie when I grow up, so I hope Sammy will stick up for me. He does things that I can't do yet, like roll over and sit up. He also gets to eat rice cereal and potato. I just eat my fingers. Sammy misses his mummy at night so he wakes up a couple of times to see her. I prefer to just keep sleeping till the morning. My mummy misses me but she doesn't mind if I sleep all night. When I wake up after a night of sleep I feel so nice and relaxed. I like to just lie in my cot and suck my fingers or try out my new sounds for a while. But then when I get hungry I let mum know and she comes and gets me out of bed. That's when I realise how desperate I am for a drink, and I can't get to the yummy milk quick enough. Sometimes if I wake up before daddy leaves for work, he comes and gets me and he sings a silly 'good morning' song. I think it's funny, but I'm glad when he takes me to mummy for a drink. That's all for today cos I'm off to the park with Sammy.
P.S. I love my grandparents!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture of Elijah and Sammy! It will be one of the priceless ones in years to come. In my 2-4 year-old Sunday school class our lesson last week was from ISam.18~the story of Jonathan and David and their friendship~I think that Elijah and Sammy just might have that kind of friendship!
Miss you & love you!!!
Grandma S.

The Malcolms said...

awesome shot of the two little cuties
one day we're going to have to tell them off for ganging up on Kate!

Levi Swartzentruber said...

Hey Elijah,

I hope you are having fun today swimming or taking baths or going for walks or whatever. It looks like you have quite the playmate! Love you!

Anonymous said...

this is precious!!! i love and miss you all heaps!
auntie allison

SRITCHIE said...

so so cute!!
We are missing you guys..

Love & prayers, Steve & Steph

Anonymous said...

hi Penny, Tyler, Elijah!!!
I miss you all so much!!!
Youth group and bible study is still awesome but not the same without you! love you all so much and will be praying for you and the Malcoms.
love Gem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Penny,
you know how everyone at youth group wrote in that pad before i went away on my trip over seas i was reading that last night and was crying what you had written was so beautiful i miss you so much and love you all, love Gem

words and pictures, pictures and words. snapshots of life as Tyler, Penny, Elijah, Devery and Geordie Swartzentruber know it.